Heat Lightning is the ninth episode of the third season (49th overall) which was broadcast on June 27, 2004.
Ginger, Dodie, Macie, and Courtney return to Camp Caprice as counselors. Ginger begins to feel that she may not want Darren as a boyfriend, but Sasha instead. After a bad run-in with Sasha, Ginger realizes that she didn't want to date him, she only wanted the feelings she had when she first met him. Meanwhile, Dr. Dave has to stay with Lois while his house is being fumigated, and it turns out that his mother has to stay there too. Carl and Hoodsey try to deal with the on-going heat wave.
- Ginger Foutley
- Carl Foutley
- Courtney Gripling
- Macie Lightfoot
- Hoodsey Bishop
- Darren Patterson (voice and photographs only)
- Dodie Bishop
- Lois Foutley
- Brandon Higsby
- Dr. Dave
- Joann Bishop
- Mrs. Dave
Ginger: Uh, Courtney, do you think it's possible to be bored with something you love? Courtney: (Fanning herself) Be more specific, Ginger. Ginger: Well, say you love chocolate, and you can have chocolate every single day, as much as you wanted. Do you think you'd ever get bored with that? Courtney: Bored, no. But nothing's ever as tasty as that first bite, that's why it's good to eat things in rotation. You know, chocolate, vanilla, Mocha Chip.
Courtney: Ginger, there's nothing wrong with a little electricity! Just as long as you don't get shocked.
Ginger: (speaking in her mind) Maybe it takes something you used to want in your past, to point out the goodness of what you have. Maybe we get bored with stuff because we put so much importance on things that are new and as soon as the novelity wears off, we forget just what we liked about it in the first place. Nothing can ever stay the same so why do we expect it to? Instead we should just enjoy it for what it is without ever taking it for granted.
- Ginger, Dodie and Macie return to Camp Caprice for the second time.
- The girls sing the Camp Caprice song several times.
- At the end of the episode, the other campers sing the beginning of the Goodbye Camp Caprice Song while Ginger talks about what she learned. The song is played in full length during the end credits.
- This episode marks the second time where Courtney appears without Miranda. The first time was in "Blizzard Conditions".