|Season of Caprice|
|Season 1, Episode 18-20|
|Air date:||July 7, 2001|
|Written by:|| Part 1 - Story by Emily Kapnek. Teleplay by Sheila M. Anthony & Emily Kapnek.
Part 2 & Part 3 - Emily Kapnek
|Directed by:|| Part 1 - Mark Risley
Part 2 - Ron Noble
Part 3 - Dean Criswell
|Previous Episode:||Piece of My Heart|
|Next Episode:||Never Can Say Goodbye|
Season of Caprice is the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth episode of the first season which was broadcast on July 7, 2001.
Ginger, Dodie, and Macie take their annual trip to Camp Caprice, an all-girls camp. Only this time, they have some unexpected baggage: Courtney, who is trying to prove that she isn't high maintenance like Miranda said. Ginger meets a boy, Sasha, at the camp and she begins to have extreme feelings for him. Meanwhile, across the lake at a military camp, run by Miranda's father, Miranda and Darren struggle at the exercises. The two form a small bond. Back in Sheltered Shrubs, Carl and Hoodsey start a house-keeping service as a cover-up for their search for the town's mysterious dog-napper. Season of Caprice, was the first ever 3 parter episode of the series, the next being "Far From Home" then after that was then followed by "The Wedding Frame" (which was the last episode in the series).
- Ginger Foutley
- Dodie Bishop
- Macie Lightfoot
- Darren Patterson
- Courtney Gripling
- Miranda Killgallen
- Carl Foutley
- Hoodsey Bishop
- Blake Gripling
- Lois Foutley
- Joann Bishop
- Mr. Patterson
- Claire Gripling
- Officer Killgallen
- Chet Zipper
- Principal Milty
- Archie Chang
- Melanie (Sasha's sister)
- Margie (the head counselor)
- Girl In Movie
- Field Hockey Player
- Georgia (Principal Milty's date)
- Courtney's Seamstress
- Boy In Movie
- Jed (the swimming counselor)
- Farmhand (at the cow birthing)
- Sarah (Ginger's past camp friend with darker hair)
- Carmen (soap opera character)
- Cinammon Ann (Ginger's past camp friend with lighter hair)
- Giselle (Courtney's maid)
- Doctor In Soap Opera
- Sergeant (in the teamwork exercise)
- Jarhead (the Camp Spengler staffer)
Ginger: (opening line of part 1) At some moments, it seems like time actually stands still. I mean, when you're waiting for something really cool to happen, one lousy minute can last an eternity. (bell rings) And then, there's summer vacation. The long awaited freedom from routine. It kind of does strange things to people.
Courtney: As in the American Virgin Islands. You know, Saint Croix, Saint Thomas and, uh, the rest of the saints.
Carl: I smell pay back, Hoodsey. And as you may or may not know, that's my favorite smell in the whole wide world. Hoodsey: Mine is ribs.
Darren: (asking Ginger for help) Need a hand? Or a rump? Ginger: (giggles) My hero.
Ginger: (her first lines of part 2) You know how you can feel one way in your regular life back home, but then as soon as summer comes, it's almost like your a totally different person. I never thought I would become infatuated with a boy I hardly even know.
Ginger: (referring to Dodie) She's probably exhausted from ordering people around all day. Courtney: It can be very tiring.
Officer: If that's all, we're gonna have to let Principal Milty go home, Carl. Principal Milty: I am home!
Miranda: (talking about Ginger, Dodie and Macie) Could they be more 12?
- In part 3, Miranda refers to Macie as "the little seal girl". A callback to the episode "Come Back Little Seal Girl".
- The alternate title for this episode is Summer at Camp Caprice.
- This three part episode aired two months before the September 11th attacks.
- In part 2, it is revealed that Courtney doesn't like to be called by her initials CG. Even though in episodes such as "Sleep On It", she uses a napkin with her CG initials stitched on it. She also uses other products that will occasionally have her initials on them mainly due to her rich and wealthy upbringing.